- Fire Service Information
Training, SFI Information, MTO information, IMS Information, Forms, Grants and Loans Information
- Information for the Public
Fire Prevention and Safety Information, Publications for families and Educators, Activities for Kids
- Staff Resources
SFI Information, MTO information, IMS, Emergency Resource Locator, Forms, FDID, CFC List
The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control strives to be the leader in fire services, delivering the highest quality most comprehensive training, response and technical assistance programs to emergency responders, local entities and the citizens of the State of New York. Office of Fire Prevention and Control programs have created the best trained most effective professional emergency response force in the nation, the safest colleges and universities, and the lowest rate of arson fires per capita in the United States.
The Office of Fire Prevention and Control will deliver a wide breadth of services to firefighters, emergency responders, state and local government agencies, public and private colleges, and the citizens of New York. The Office advances public safety through firefighter training, education, fire prevention, investigative, special operations and technical rescue programs. The timely delivery of these essential services enables the Office to make significant contributions to the safety of all of New York State.
- August 2020 - Fire Academy Schedule for the Remainder of 2020 Now Available!
- June 2020 - Fire Safety Considerations Related to COVID-19 Safety Planning
- June 2020 - Response and Mitigation of Overturned MC-331 Specification Tank Trucks
- April 2020 - Safety Concerns for Mixing Homemade Disinfectants
- April 6, 2020 - Interim Guidance for Fire Service Agencies to Limit Potential Exposure to Covid-19
- March 2020 - Strategic and Tactical Guidance for Incidents Involving Isopropyl Alcohol
- October 2019 - Firefighter Cancer Prevention
- View All Informational Bulletins
- October 15, 2020 - Sales BSD Recalls Homerygardens Extension Cord Splitters Due to Fire Hazard
- October 7, 2020 - Endliss Technology Recalls Trianium Battery Phone Cases Due to Burn Hazard; Sold Exclusively on Amazon.com
- September 16, 2020 - MWE Investments Recalls Westinghouse Portable Generators Due to Fire Hazard
- September 16, 2020 - Monoprice Recalls Ethernet Cables Due to Fire Hazard
- View All Safety Alerts and Recalls