Table of Contents
DHSES E-Grants Help
DHSES E-Grants system was developed for the NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (DHSES) by Network Systems Integration, Inc.
DHSES E-Grants is a web-based system for DHSES staff to interact with applicants and subrecipients. A key feature is the ability of the system to implement a role-based security system that will control access rights throughout the DHSES E-Grants system.
This document is to be used as a reference guide to enable DHSES E-Grants users to enter, view, retrieve and query grant data from the electronic database. The following general statements are pertinent:
- All data used in the examples and screens throughout this guide are not actual grant data. This has been done to comply with the confidentiality assigned to all the information contained in grant documents.
- The user's guide has been written assuming that a user has 'Grantee' rights in accessing the DHSES E-Grants.
- It is assumed that all DHSES E-Grants users will access the program through the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer.
- Prospective applicants, awardees and subrecipients can log in to submit grant information for processing by DHSES. Applicants, awardees and subrecipients only have access to their information and only records that match the rights of the user will be displayed.
- DHSES staff has access to projects and the appropriate modules with regard to their job responsibilities.
- Buttons, lists, check boxes, and other dialog box elements are displayed in italics.