Table of Contents
DHSES E-Grants Help
This is where the prospective subrecipient will enter and submit information for their grant application or current subrecipients can view, enter or print project information.
Project Module Tabs
Questions (if applicable)
Has the title, dates of the project, county and description of the project.
Lists the organizations that will be taking part on the project. Contact information for individuals within the organization are located under this tab.
Contains the goals, objectives, Investment Justifications, Target Capabilities, Tasks and Performance Measures to complete the project.
Has the financial information for this project.
G&T Workplan, National Priority, State Strategy Goal, Spending Subcategories and Disciplines for each budgeted item.
Contains questions generated when certain funding sources have been selected.
For certifying the Certified Assurances.
Notice that the Project Header shows that the Project Status for this project as being New.
- Enter the Project data into the various data fields on the General tab.
- Mandatory fields are: Project Title, County and Summary of Description of Project. These fields must be entered for the application to be submitted.
- When done, click on the Save button at the bottom of the page or the Save option on the left frame.
General Tab for the Project Module
- Enter the participant information by clicking the Participants tab.
- Click the Add Participant button to search for an existing participant.
- Enter the name you wish to search for; click OK and a list of matching names will appear, if any. Click on the name of the participant you wish to add, select the type (Grantee, Implementing Agency or Other) and it will be added to the project.
- However, if the participant is not in the data base you may add them by clicking on the New button.
- Required fields are: Participant Name, Address, City, State and Zip, County and EIN #. Mandatory data must be entered before the record can be saved.
- If more than one participant has been selected, use the drop-down box under "Contacts for Participants" to select the correct participant, then click Add Contact button.
- Enter the name you wish to search for; click OK and a list of matching names will appear, if any. Click on the name of the contact you wish to add, select the type (Primary, Fiscal, Signatory, Agency Head, Secondary or Alternate) and it will be added to the project.
- If the contact is not in the data base you may add them by clicking on the New Contact button.
- Required fields are: First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State and Zip, Email and Phone. Mandatory data must be entered before the record can be saved.
- A minimum of one Primary, Fiscal and Signatory contact is needed for the Project.
Note: To add a Contact as a Signatory they must be a registered user of DHSES E-Grants with signatory rights.
Participant Tab for the Project Module
Work Plan Tab
- Click on the Work Plan tab.
- Enter the Project Goal in the appropriate box.
- When done, click on Save.
- To add an objective, click on the Create New Objective button. You may have numerous objectives within the project.
A new screen will be generated with several drop-down boxes.
Work Plan Tab (Project Goal)
- Click on G&T Work Plan Codes drop-down box and select the Work Plan Code for your first objective.
- Click on Investment Justification drop-down box and select the Investment Justification that corresponds with the G&T Work Plan Code and Objective.
- Enter a description of the Objective
- Click on Save when completed.
Work Plan Tab (G&T Code/IJ)
- Click on Add Primary Target Capability drop-down box and select the Primary Target Capability for this Objective. You also may select up to four Secondary Target Capabilities.
Work Plan Tab (Target Capabilities)
- Click on Add Task to this Objective.
- Describe the task in the first text box and hit Save.
- Click on Add Performance Measure to this Task
- Describe the Performance Measure and hit Save.
- Each objective must have a G&T Work Plan, Investment Justification, Target Capability, Task and Performance Measure.
- You may have several objectives and each objective may have several tasks and/or performance measures.
Completed Work Plan Tab
- Click on the Budget tab, to enter budget information. You must have at least one participant and a completed work plan before you can enter budget data. You may add separate budgets for each participant.
- The first time you enter a budget it will automatically be assigned the number "1".
- Click on the Create new Budget Version for participant's name to add the budget data for that participant.
- The next screen will display the fields for the budget information.
- Choose the category of the first budget item you are entering. (There are nine budget categories: Personnel, Fringe Benefits, Consultant Services, Equipment, Supplies, Travel and Subsistence, Rental of Facilities, Alterations and Renovations, and All Other Expenses.)
- For each category, the mandatory fields are: Description, Number, Unit Cost, and Justification.
- If entering Equipment, an AEL Number is also mandatory. (There is a link to the AEL if you need to look up the number)
- Mandatory data must be entered before the record can be saved.
- When finished with entering the budget item, click on Save.
- The screen will refresh and Add Funding Allocation for This Budget item button will appear.
Funding Allocation Tab
- Click on Add Funding Allocation for This Budget item.
- Screen will advance to Funding Allocation Tab
- You must have entered a budget item before you can enter funding allocation data.
G&T Work Plan Code
- Click on the drop-down box to choose a G&T Work Plan Code that best describes that budget item. (Only the G&T Work Plan Codes that you selected on the Work Plan Tab will appear)
Funding Allocation Tab
- Click on the drop-down box to choose a National Priority that best describes that budget item.
Priority Project/State Strategy Goal
- Click on the drop-down box to choose a Priority Project/State Strategy Goal that best describes that budget item.
You must select a Spending Subcategory/Solution Area that describes the budget item. Only the Subcategory/Solution Area that matches the Funding Program (i.e., SHSP, LETPP, EMPG, etc.) will be listed.
- Click on the Solution Area Heading (Planning, Organization, Equipment, Training, Exercise, M & A) that appears in red or blue.
- The screen will refresh and then click on the drop-down to select the subcategory.
- After selecting the subcategory, enter the dollar amount being allocated to that subcategory.
- You may select multiple Solution Areas/Subcategories per budget item, but only one G&T Work Plan Code per budget item.
- The total dollar amount of the subcategory MUST equal the budget item. (Example below shows selecting two subcategories totaling $9,000 – budgeted item was $10,000.00. Notice there is still a field Enter a value of $1,000.00 or less. You will need to correct this to be able to submit your application later.)
Funding Allocation Tab
- Example below shows selecting subcategories that match the budgeted item. Notice there is no longer a field Enter a value of $ or less.
Funding Allocation Tab/Solution Area
You now enter the Spending Discipline for each Solution Area (Planning, Organization, Equipment, Training, Exercise, M & A) that you choose previously.
- Select the Solution Area Heading (Planning, Organization, Equipment, Training, Exercise, M & A) that appears in red or blue. The screen will refresh and then click the drop-down box to select the Discipline.
- Enter the dollar amount being allocated to that Discipline.
- You must select the same Solution Areas you chose when allocating money to the Subcategory. And the dollar amounts must match. In regards to the above example, you must choose an Equipment Discipline for $10,000
Funding Allocation Tab/Spending Discipline
- Click Finished with this Item when the Funding Allocation is completed. You will get an error message until the three fields (Budget, Spending Subcategory and Spending Discipline) equal.
- You will be brought back to the Budget Tab to enter another budget item. Repeat the above steps for each budgeted item.
Questions Tab – If applicable
When a funding program is selected (in the initial step for creating a project) several questions may be generated if required by that program. These questions will be displayed under this tab for the applicant to answer.
- Click on the Questions tab.
- Click on the question link and enter the answer in the answer text box.
- When done, click on Save.
- Click on the Acceptance tab.
- Assurance #1 must be certified before the application can be submitted.
- Click on the Assurance.
- When finished reading and accepting the Assurance, click on the Certify button. The screen will refresh and your name will appear with today's date.
Note: The Appendices will not be certified at this time as the project is still an application. Accepting the Appendices is done by the Signatory when the project goes to contract.
Submitting a Grant
To submit a grant, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the DHSES E-Grants.
- Click on the Project option from the DHSES E-Grants main menu.
- Select the project.
- Check that the application is filled out completely.
- In the Attachments module, add any attachments that are relevant to the project (see Attachment module below).
- In the left frame under Save click on the word Submit. If any required fields have been left blank, DHSES E-Grants will generate a printable Required Fields Report to guide you in finishing the application.
- A pop-up window will appear letting you know that the application was successfully submitted and the status will change from "New" to "Application Received".
- DHSES and the signatory contact will be notified that the application has been submitted and all the fields will be locked to the subrecipient.
What to Expect After Submission
Following notification that a grant application has been submitted, DHSES staff will review the application for completeness and, in the case of competitive grants, eligibility for funding. DHSES may notify the subrecipient to edit and resubmit the application, if necessary, and areas requiring additional or altered information (noted by a red-colored 'Deficiency' flag on the page or module) will be reopened to the subrecipient for editing. The subrecipient may view the status of their application or grant contract by simply logging into DHSES E-Grants.