16th Annual New York State
Cyber Security Conference
8th Annual Symposium on
June 4 & 5, 2013
Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY
Call For Presentations
Proposals due by March 1, 2013
June 2013 marks the 16th Annual New York State Cyber Security Conference and 8th Annual Symposium on Information Assurance (ASIA) and we invite you to participate in this great event. Share your experience and knowledge by submitting a presentation proposal. The 2013 Conference is held on June 4 - 5 in Albany, New York and is co-hosted by the New York State Office of Cyber Security, the New York State Office of Information Technology Services, the University at Albany's School of Business and College of Computing and Information, and the NYS Forum, Inc.
The Conference's multi track format offers a keynote, educational sessions, interactive forums, and an exhibit hall. Sessions focus on current and emerging issues, best practices and challenges facing security practitioners and others who are responsible for security.
- To educate the community about protecting information
- To increase awareness about cyber security threats and risks
- To sharpen staff technical skills
- To present cutting edge information to broaden cyber security professionals' knowledge
- To present useful sessions that examine an issue, problem, or threat and offer solutions, best practices and lessons learned
- To ensure that participants leave the event with practical information that can be applied to their cyber security environment
Attendees include all government levels, academia, private business, not-for-profit organizations and citizens interested in learning more about cyber security.
Suggested Presentation Topics
The following topics have been suggested but other subjects are welcome.
- BYOD Case Studies/Lessons Learned
- CISO/ISO Success Stories
- Cloud Security
- Computer Forensics
- Continuous Monitoring
- Cyber Crime
- Defense in Depth Techniques
- Designing Secure Web Applications
- Future Trends
- Incident Response
- Internet Safety for Teachers/Kids
- Legal Issues
- Mobile Device Security
- Organizational and Business Issues
- Security Awareness/Training
- Social Networking Risks
- Risk Management
Please note a separate Call for Papers for ASIA will be available at http://www.albany.edu/iasymposium/
- Only product neutral presentations that are cyber security related will be considered
- Proposals will be accepted for:
- Individual or team talks
- Panel discussions - A panel may be organized and submitted as a group by a panel coordinator, or an individual may submit his/her particular viewpoint to become part of a panel
- Hands-on Labs or Live Demos featuring real world scenarios and advanced techniques
- More than one proposal may be submitted for consideration
- Sessions will run 50 minutes, including 10 minutes for Q&A
- Presentation selections will be made based upon desired topics, flow of content, educational value and understanding of the content
- All selected content will be published in Conference publications and online
- Conference organizers will set the day and time for each presentation, in order to optimize the sequencing and flow of content and tracks.
- The Office of Cyber Security (OCS) will notify all selected speakers by the end of March 2013
- OCS reserves the right to decline a submission for presentation at the 2013 Conference
Honorarium and Reimbursement
The Conference does not pay honoraria or expenses. Presenters are responsible for securing and paying for travel and lodging.
All speakers receive a complimentary pass to the Conference. Speakers are featured in the Conference publication and on the OCS web site. The above benefits do not extend to support staff or colleagues who may accompany the speaker.
Submit your presentation proposal at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2013CyberConfCFP by March 1, 2013.
Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of this exciting and respected event!
For further information please email the NYS Cyber Security Conference at: email@example.com
Information regarding exhibit space and sponsorships is available on The NYS Forum, Inc. http://www.nysforum.org/events
Acting Chief Information Security Officer
- EISO Home
- Incident Reporting
- Breach Notification
- Cyber Advisories
- NYS Digital Forensics
- Cyber Tips Newsletter
- Keeping Kids Safe Online
- Local Government
- Policies and Resources
- NY-ISAC Secure Portal
- Contact EISO