17th Annual New York State
Cyber Security Conference
9th Annual Symposium
on Information Assurance
June 3 - 4, 2014
Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY
The 17th Annual New York State Cyber Security Conference (NYSCSC ‘14) and 9th Annual Symposium on Information Assurance (ASIA ‘14) is a two day event co-hosted by the New York State Office of Information Technology Services Enterprise Information Security Office, the University at Albany’s School of Business and College of Computing and Information, and The NYS Forum, Inc. The Conference is held in Albany, New York on June 3 - 4 at the Empire State Plaza. The Conference features prominent industry security experts presenting the latest innovations in cyber security and includes peer networking and sessions on leading-edge security topics and issues.
ASIA ’14 complements the NYS Cyber Security Conference, as the Academic Track, with the goal of increasing interaction among security practitioners and researchers to foster the infusion of academic research into practice.
With each successive year, interest and attendance has grown. Last year’s Conference drew more than 1,000 attendees. This year’s Conference theme, "Solving the Security Puzzle", focuses on the many “pieces” (risk management, user awareness training, mobile applications, BYODs , funding, cloud solutions, etc.) involved in providing a secure environment to meet today’s business demands. The Conference’s multi-track format offers a keynote, educational sessions, interactive forums, and an exhibit hall.
- To educate the community about protecting information
- To increase awareness about cyber security threats and risks
- To sharpen technical skills
- To present cutting edge information to broaden cyber security professionals’ knowledge
- To present useful sessions that examine an issue, problem, or threat and offer solutions, best practices and lessons learned
- To ensure participants leave the event with practical information that can be applied to their cyber security environment
Who Should Attend?
Attendees include all government levels, academia, private business, not-for-profit organizations and citizens. Professionals attend from many different disciplines, including:
- Business Managers
- Critical Infrastructure Owners & Operators
- Information Security Professionals (CISO, ISO, Security Administrators, Cyber Incident Responders, Security Engineers, Computer Forensic Specialists)
- Information Technology Professionals (CIO, IT Directors, System Administrators, Network Administrators, Web Developers, Application Programmers)
- Law Enforcement
- Process Improvement Managers
- Project Managers
Why should you attend?
- Stay current on cyber security threats, vulnerabilities and exploits
- Cost effective security training and peer networking
- Catch up on industry developments and check out vendor displays
- Find help for information security issues
For further information please email the NYS Cyber Security Conference at: email@example.com
- Cyber Security Home
- Incident Reporting
- Breach Notification
- Cyber Advisories
- NYS Digital Forensics
- Cyber Tips Newsletter
- Keeping Kids Safe Online
- Local Government
- Policies and Resources
- NY-ISAC Secure Portal