Request for Proposal
Title: Street Address Mapping (SAM)
RFP DHSES\OCS 01-2012
The New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (DHSES), Office of Cyber Security (OCS) is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Leading and coordinating New York State's (State) efforts regarding cyber readiness and resilience;
- Leading and coordinating geographic information technologies, including the New York State Statewide Digital Orthoimagery Program (DOP) streets and address mapping, and other framework data layers;
- Geographic Information System (GIS) support during DHSES event responses;
- Coordinating the critical infrastructure GIS data throughout the State;
- Staffing the State's cyber incident response team; and
- Monitoring the State's networks for malicious cyber activities.
The efforts of OCS are built upon cooperation and input from a variety of entities, and focus on building strong relationships between and among the public (federal, state, and local) and the private sectors to best ensure our State's cyber readiness and GIS coordination.
OCS received grant funding from the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) to create address data in support of mapping broadband availability. In order to establish a long-term maintenance strategy for address points, OCS determined that it is critical to engage the 911 community. In an effort to leverage these funds to support the transition to NG911, OCS has conducted outreach to the 911 community. Given that the community recognizes the lack of uniformly good data and that many counties pay local telephone carriers to license address lookup data, the response has been very positive. This project will use the grant funds to contract for assistance in taking data available from OCS (which include State and local data), as well as optional data contributed by the successful Bidder, and establish accurate address points at structures and at the centroids within the parcel of addressed vacant parcels.
The schedule for this procurement is as follows:
- Release of RFP - Monday, 9/24/2012
- Return Notice of Interest - Tuesday, 10/02/2012
- Written Questions Due from Bidders for Pre-Bid Conference - 5:00 p.m. EDT Tuesday, 10/02/2012
- Mandatory Pre-Bid Web Conference - 1:00 p.m. EDT Thursday, 10/4/2012
- Rescheduled Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference - 1:00 p.m. EDT Thursday, 10/11/2012
- Final Written Questions Due from Bidders - 2:00 p.m. EDT Monday, 10/15/2012
- Official Response to Bidders' Questions - Thursday, 10/18/2012 - updated
- Final version of Appendix D, Part 6 posted to RFP website - Thursday, 10/18/2012 - updated
- Closing Date for Receipt of Bids / Bid Opening Date - 2:00 p.m. EDT Monday, 11/05/2012
- Notify selected bidder and non-selected bidders - Friday, 11/16/2012
- Contract Finalization with selected Bidder - 1:00 p.m. EDT Friday, 11/30/2012
- Contract Award (Approval by the Office of the State Comptroller) - 4-8 weeks from contract finalization
For more information on this proposal, follow the links below:
- Selected Bidder Notification Letter - Intrado, 11/16/12
- Non-Selected Bidder Notification Letter - Navteq, 11/16/12
- Non-Selected Bidder Notification Letter - Kimball, 11/16/12
- List of Certified Attendees at Mandatory Pre-bid Audio Conference on 10/11/12
- Table 1 - Procurement Timetable - updated 10/29/12
- Table 1 - Procurement Timetable - updated 10/17/12
- Table 1 - Procurement Timetable
- Prebid Conference Slides - updated 10-10-2012
- Solicitation Letter
- Request for Proposal
- Request for Proposal
- Final Source Usage Documents
- Final Response to Bidders' Questions
- Final version of Appendix D, Part 6
Webcast Information (updated 10/9/2012)
Due to technical difficulties, the mandatory SAM RFP web conference scheduled for Thursday, 10/4/2012 at 1:00pm EDT was cancelled. If you had registered for the web conference prior to 10/4/2012 at 1:00pm EDT, you will be notified of the new time and date for the rescheduled conference. An updated "Table 1 - Procurement Timetable" is posted to this site. Also, final questions from prospective bidders are now due by Monday 10/15/2012 at 2:00 PM.
Due to technical difficulties OCS has determined to hold the pre-bid conference as an audio conference only. The slides for the presentation are posted on the RFP site, please check the website for any updates prior to the start of the call. The presentation slides have been numbered so that participants can follow along. Attendance at the re-scheduled pre-bid conference is still required in order to fulfill the RFP mandatory requirement. For registration purposes, one representative from your company, using a company email address should send an email to SAMRFP@dhses.ny.gov at the start of the call indicating your attendance.
Questions during the pre-bid web conference can be sent by email to SAMRFP@dhses.ny.gov , using the question template in the RFP. All questions submitted will be responded to by the Official Response date indicated in the Procurement Timetable.
The conference call is re-scheduled for: Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:00 PM EDT.
All questions regarding this RFP should be directed via e-mail to: SAMRFP@dhses.ny.gov
Designated Contact for this Procurement: Thomas D. Smith
Solicitaion Contact for this Procurement: Joseph N. Martucci
- Cyber Security Home
- Incident Reporting
- Breach Notification
- Cyber Advisories
- NYS Digital Forensics
- Cyber Tips Newsletter
- Keeping Kids Safe Online
- Local Government
- Policies and Resources
- NY-ISAC Secure Portal