New York State Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services: Office of Counter Terrorism
The Office of Counter Terrorism (OCT) was created as part of the merger that established the Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services. OCT includes staff and Units from its predecessor, the Office of Homeland Security (OHS). The mission of OCT is to support federal, state, local, tribal and private sector efforts to Prevent, Protect against and Prepare for acts and threats of terrorism. Although Counter Terrorism is OCT's primary mission, many of our programs and initiatives support capabilities that can be applied to other threats and hazards as well. Like OHS, OCT is not a law enforcement agency, but we work closely with the New York State Police and other law enforcement and public safety agencies in the fight against terrorism.
- Markers of Destruction Terrorism Training Video for Businesses and Retail Industry
- Markers of Destruction Terrorism Training Video for Businesses and Retail Industry, with focus on Big Box, Hardware, Pool Supply, and Vehicle Rental facilities
- 480 Seconds - Surviving an Active Shooter Incident
- What To Do When There Is A Bomb Threat
- FY16 SHSP and SLETPP Program Guidance and Application Worksheet
- See Something, Send Something