New York State Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services
The Accreditation Council serves as the formal oversight and governing body for the Program, to include making the final determination on whether or not an Emergency Management Office (EMO) has met the accreditation standards. The Accreditation Council is co-chaired by the President of the New York State Emergency Management Association (NYSEMA) and the NYS DHSES Office of Emergency Management (OEM) Director. The Council includes a total of eight members, with the President of NYSEMA and DHSES OEM Director each appointing three additional representatives. Each of the appointed members serves a three year term.
As the governing body for the Program, the Accreditation Council is responsible for final approval of the accreditation process, ensuring the associated standards are both current and relevant, and that the program remains viable.
- Chris Baker, NYSEMA President and Director of Cattaraugus County Emergency Services
- Dan O’Hara, Deputy Commissioner, Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Service, Office of Emergency Management
- Tim Marshall, Director, Steuben County Office of Emergency Services
- Mike Ponticiello, Director, Broome County Office of Emergency Services
- Wes Jones, Director, City of Norwich/ Chenango County
- Matt Franklin, Director, NYS DEC Emergency Management
- Jennifer Wacha, Deputy Director, Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Service, Office of Emergency Management
- Keith Golden, Captain, New York State Police