Emergency Alert System
The Office Of Emergency Management is a co-chair of the New York State Emergency Communications Committee (NYSECC), which oversees the planning for the State's Emergency Alert System (EAS).
Quarterly NYSECC Meetings
Meetings are typically held on the third Thursday of January, April, July and October. Monthly teleconferences and additional meetings are held as needed to administer the plan.
Annual EAS Presentations/Information Sessions
- Broadcast: Syracuse Area SBE Annual Regional Engineering Conference
- NYS Emergency Management Office - Annual Emergency Conference
- NYS Public Service Commission / SUNY Empire State College - Annual Telecommunications Seminar
EAS Publications and Reports
- New York State Emergency Alert System - Operational Plan
- Federal Communications Commission - EAS Website
William A. Peat Jr.
New York State Office of Emergency ManagementPhone: 518-292-2311
Robert SullivanCable Telecommunications Association of New York
Richard NovikNew York State Broadcaster's Association
Steven SokalNew York State Public Service Commission