- Deadline Approaching for Physical Damage Disaster Loan Applications; Over $2 Million in SBA Disaster Loans Approved in New York
- Governor Cuomo Requests Federal Technical Assistance to Assess Damages From the Recent Record Rainfall and Flash Flooding in Suffolk County 8-18-14
- Governor Cuomo Directs Flood Damage Assessment in Long Island Areas Impacted by Heavy Rain and Flash Floods 8-14-14
- Governor Cuomo Issues Update on Flood Recovery on Long Island 8-13-14
- Mohawk Valley Flood Helpline: 518-474-2057
- * Mohawk Valley - Governor Cuomo Announces Low-Interest Loans Available to Those Affected By Flooding - SBA Disaster Assistance
- Governor Cuomo Announces Canal Corporation to Receive Federal Reimbursement for Storm Damages
- * Mohawk Valley - Flood Assistance Teams Deployed to Accept Applications for Flood Recovery Program 07-19-13
- *Niagara County - Flood Assistance Teams Deployed to Accept Applications for Flood Recovery Program 07-19-13
- Communities to Receive More Than $750 Million for Storm Reconstruction 07-18-13
- Governor Cuomo Announces Flood Recovery Program 07-17-13
- Governor Cuomo Issues Disaster Declaration for Flood Impacted Counties 06-28-13
- State Health Department Advises New Yorkers to Take Precautions Against the Impacts of Flooding
Think safety first. It is important to remain alert to the hazards - some obvious, some hidden - that may be associated with storm-damaged areas. If you are returning home to a flood-impacted area, it is vital that you use caution and follow the guidance that we and emergency management experts across the nation recommend to keep you and your family safe and healthy.
Flooding is a terrible ordeal for many New Yorkers and the last thing we want is for anyone else to suffer illness or injury, so if you live in a flooded area, take special care to protect your health and safety. Think about your neighbors, too. If you know of someone with special needs, please check on them, if you can, in case they might need assistance.