New York State Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services
Pet Emergency Supply Kit
- Ample supply of food, either dry or canned (pop top or have a can opener).
- Enough water to last from three to seven days.
- Pet feeding dishes.
- Muzzle, collar and leash.
- Proper identification including immunization records.
- Your pet's ID tag should contain his name, telephone number, and any urgent medical needs.
- Current photos of your pets in case they become lost.
- Medical records (stored in a waterproof container) and a first aid kit.
- A two-week supply of any medicine your pet requires.
- Pet beds and toys, if easily transportable.
- Disposable litter trays (aluminum pans are perfect) for cats.
- Litter or paper toweling.
- A pet traveling bag or sturdy carrier, ideally for each pet.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- Blanket (for scooping up a fearful pet).
- Proper fitting muzzle.
For more information aboput Pet Safety - Visit our OEM Pet Safety Page