New York State Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services
New York State has three (3) commercially licensed nuclear power sites that collectively contain six (6) nuclear power plants.
The sites are located at Indian Point in Westchester County; Nine Mile Point in Oswego County; and the R.E. Ginna site in Wayne County.
To meet the public health and safety concerns of the people living within the ten-mile emergency planning zones surrounding each site, OEM works with the emergency management staffs of seven counties. They are:
- Indian Point: Westchester, Rockland, Orange and Putnam counties
- Nine Mile Point: Oswego County
- R.E. Ginna: Wayne and Monroe counties
While the information below outlines New York State's Radiological Emergency Planning efforts, details on local planning efforts can be found on the web sites for the individual counties:
New York State Radiological Emergency Planning
- Protecting Public Health and Safety
- Radiological Emergency Preparedness for the Agricultural Community