- Fire ServicE InFORMATION
Training, SFI Information, MTO information, IMS Information, Forms, Grants and Loans Information
- INFORMATION FOR THE Public
Fire Prevention and Safety Information, Publications for families and Educators, Activities for Kids
- Staff RESOURCES
SFI Information, MTO information, IMS, Emergency Resource Locator, Forms, FDID, CFC List
The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control strives to be the nationally recognized leader in fire services, delivering the highest quality, state of the art, and most comprehensive training, response, and technical assistance programs and services to emergency responders, local entities, and the citizens of New York State. The Office's programs enable: the state's fire service to become the best trained, well prepared and most effective professional emergency response force in the nation; New York State's colleges, universities, state properties and its citizens, to be the safest in regard to fire prevention and awareness; and the state to maintain arson related fires at the lowest per capita within the United States.
The Office of Fire Prevention and Control will deliver a wide breadth of services to firefighters, emergency responders, state and local government agencies, public and private colleges, and the citizens of New York. The Office advances public safety through firefighter training, education, fire prevention, investigative, special operations and technical rescue programs. The timely delivery of these essential services enables the Office to make significant contributions to the safety of all of New York State.
- October 8, 2014 - Strategic and Tactical Guidance for Rail Incidents Involving Crude Oil
- July 30, 2014 - Nature's Chemical Weapons
- April 24, 2014 - UPDATE: Volunteer Firefighter and Volunteer Emergency Services Recruitment and Retention Grant
- February 4, 2014 - Hazardous Materials Labels and Safety Data Sheets: The OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200) and adoption of the United Nations Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS).
- View All Informational Bulletins
- October 30, 2014 - Tectron International Recalls USB Chargers Due to Fire Hazard
- October 28, 2014 - Meijer Recalls Halloween Projector Flashlight Due to Burn Hazard
- October 16, 2014 - American Honda Recalls Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard
- October 9, 2014 - Fluid Handling Recalls Low Water Cut-Off Control Units for Hot Water or Steam Boilers Due to Fire and Explosion Hazards
- View All Safety Alerts and Recalls
State Office Campus
1220 Washington Avenue
Building 7A, Floor 2
Albany, NY 12226
Bryant D. Stevens
State Fire Administrator
The members of OFPC are dedicated to the advancement of sound fire safety practices by all citizens of NY and increasing the effectiveness and proficiency of the State's fire service.
This website is part of these efforts and we trust that the information provided will assist all of us in achieving a more fire safe NY.