- Fire Service Information
Training, SFI Information, MTO information, IMS Information, Forms, Grants and Loans Information
- Information for the Public
Fire Prevention and Safety Information, Publications for families and Educators, Activities for Kids
- Staff Resources
SFI Information, MTO information, IMS, Emergency Resource Locator, Forms, FDID, CFC List
The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control strives to be the nationally recognized leader in fire services, delivering the highest quality, state of the art, and most comprehensive training, response, and technical assistance programs and services to emergency responders, local entities, and the citizens of New York State. The Office's programs enable: the state's fire service to become the best trained, well prepared and most effective professional emergency response force in the nation; New York State's colleges, universities, state properties and its citizens, to be the safest in regard to fire prevention and awareness; and the state to maintain arson related fires at the lowest per capita within the United States.
The Office of Fire Prevention and Control will deliver a wide breadth of services to firefighters, emergency responders, state and local government agencies, public and private colleges, and the citizens of New York. The Office advances public safety through firefighter training, education, fire prevention, investigative, special operations and technical rescue programs. The timely delivery of these essential services enables the Office to make significant contributions to the safety of all of New York State.
- July 27, 2018 - FY 2018-2019 Recruitment and Retention Grant Program Application Period Open
- May 30, 2018 - Proposed Regulations (PDF)
- Volunteer Firefighter Enhanced Cancer Disability Benefits Program
- May 16, 2018 - NATIONAL FIRE INCIDENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (NFIRS) Change Notification
- January 2018 - Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS) Response
- View All Informational Bulletins