- Fire ServicE InFORMATION
Training, SFI Information, MTO information, IMS Information, Forms, Grants and Loans Information
- INFORMATION FOR THE Public
Fire Prevention and Safety Information, Publications for families and Educators, Activities for Kids
- Staff RESOURCES
SFI Information, MTO information, IMS, Emergency Resource Locator, Forms, FDID, CFC List
The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control strives to be the nationally recognized leader in fire services, delivering the highest quality, state of the art, and most comprehensive training, response, and technical assistance programs and services to emergency responders, local entities, and the citizens of New York State. The Office's programs enable: the state's fire service to become the best trained, well prepared and most effective professional emergency response force in the nation; New York State's colleges, universities, state properties and its citizens, to be the safest in regard to fire prevention and awareness; and the state to maintain arson related fires at the lowest per capita within the United States.
The Office of Fire Prevention and Control will deliver a wide breadth of services to firefighters, emergency responders, state and local government agencies, public and private colleges, and the citizens of New York. The Office advances public safety through firefighter training, education, fire prevention, investigative, special operations and technical rescue programs. The timely delivery of these essential services enables the Office to make significant contributions to the safety of all of New York State.
May 2016 - Counterfeit N95 Respirator AnnouncementApril 2016 - Sparkling Devices Information (pdf)
- April 2016 - Fire Debris Analysis Evidence Packaging - Overuse of Evidence Tape on Fire Debris Containers
- April 2016 - National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Pre-1981 LODD
- February 16, 2016 - This NFIRSGram explains how to code a fire involving a hoverboard in the National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS).
- December 1, 2015 - AFG Application Period For Fy 2015 Assistance To Firefighters Grants (AFG) Announced
- September 2015 - National Fire Academy Access Restrictions
- View All Informational Bulletins
- May 3, 2016 - Walmart Recalls Rival Electric Water Kettles Due to Burn and Shock Hazards
- April 26, 2016 - One World Technologies Recalls Snow Blowers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot
- April 21, 2016 - SouvNear Recalls Women's Scarves Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
- April 19, 2016 - Brunton Outdoors Recalls Battery Packs Due to Fire Hazard
- April 19, 2016 - Polaris Recalls RZR Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard; Severe Burn Injuries, One Death Reported
- View All Safety Alerts and Recalls