- Fire ServicE InFORMATION
Training, SFI Information, MTO information, IMS Information, Forms, Grants and Loans Information
- INFORMATION FOR THE Public
Fire Prevention and Safety Information, Publications for families and Educators, Activities for Kids
- Staff RESOURCES
SFI Information, MTO information, IMS, Emergency Resource Locator, Forms, FDID, CFC List
The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control strives to be the nationally recognized leader in fire services, delivering the highest quality, state of the art, and most comprehensive training, response, and technical assistance programs and services to emergency responders, local entities, and the citizens of New York State. The Office's programs enable: the state's fire service to become the best trained, well prepared and most effective professional emergency response force in the nation; New York State's colleges, universities, state properties and its citizens, to be the safest in regard to fire prevention and awareness; and the state to maintain arson related fires at the lowest per capita within the United States.
The Office of Fire Prevention and Control will deliver a wide breadth of services to firefighters, emergency responders, state and local government agencies, public and private colleges, and the citizens of New York. The Office advances public safety through firefighter training, education, fire prevention, investigative, special operations and technical rescue programs. The timely delivery of these essential services enables the Office to make significant contributions to the safety of all of New York State.
- January 16, 2015 - Sparkling Devices Information (pdf)
- January 16, 2015 - Organ Donor Autopsy Concerns
- October 8, 2014 - Strategic and Tactical Guidance for Rail Incidents Involving Crude Oil
- View All Informational Bulletins
- January 21, 2015 - La-Z-Boy Recalls Control Wands Sold With Silver Luxury Lift Chairs Due to Burn Hazard
- January 8, 2015 - Children's Pajamas Recalled by Star Ride Kids Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
- January 8, 2015 - CoScentrix Expands Recall of DD Brand Candles Due to Fire Hazard; Exclusively at Hobby Lobby
- View All Safety Alerts and Recalls
State Office Campus
1220 Washington Avenue
Building 7A, Floor 2
Albany, NY 12226
Bryant D. Stevens
State Fire Administrator
The members of OFPC are dedicated to the advancement of sound fire safety practices by all citizens of NY and increasing the effectiveness and proficiency of the State's fire service.
This website is part of these efforts and we trust that the information provided will assist all of us in achieving a more fire safe NY.