- Fire Service Information
Training, SFI Information, MTO information, IMS Information, Forms, Grants and Loans Information
- Information for the Public
Fire Prevention and Safety Information, Publications for families and Educators, Activities for Kids
- Staff Resources
SFI Information, MTO information, IMS, Emergency Resource Locator, Forms, FDID, CFC List
The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control strives to be the leader in fire services, delivering the highest quality most comprehensive training, response and technical assistance programs to emergency responders, local entities and the citizens of the State of New York. Office of Fire Prevention and Control programs have created the best trained most effective professional emergency response force in the nation, the safest colleges and universities, and the lowest rate of arson fires per capita in the United States.
The Office of Fire Prevention and Control will deliver a wide breadth of services to firefighters, emergency responders, state and local government agencies, public and private colleges, and the citizens of New York. The Office advances public safety through firefighter training, education, fire prevention, investigative, special operations and technical rescue programs. The timely delivery of these essential services enables the Office to make significant contributions to the safety of all of New York State.
- February 11, 2019 - Civil Service Law Amended to Require Minimum Qualifications for Career Fire Chiefs
- January 2019 - Accidental Road Flare Ignition
- October 17, 2018 - Volunteer Firefighter Enhanced Cancer Disability Benefits Program
- View All Informational Bulletins
- September 18, 2019 - Kichler Lighting Recalls Pendant Lights Due to Fire Hazard
- September 10, 2019 - Ragdoll & Rockets Recalls Children's Loungewear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
- August 30, 2019 - GreatCall Recalls Lively Mobile Plus Emergency Alert Device Due to Risk of Call Button Failing in an Emergency
- View All Safety Alerts and Recalls