- Fire ServicE InFORMATION
Training, SFI Information, MTO information, IMS Information, Forms, Grants and Loans Information
- INFORMATION FOR THE Public
Fire Prevention and Safety Information, Publications for families and Educators, Activities for Kids
- Staff RESOURCES
SFI Information, MTO information, IMS, Emergency Resource Locator, Forms, FDID, CFC List
The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control strives to be the nationally recognized leader in fire services, delivering the highest quality, state of the art, and most comprehensive training, response, and technical assistance programs and services to emergency responders, local entities, and the citizens of New York State. The Office's programs enable: the state's fire service to become the best trained, well prepared and most effective professional emergency response force in the nation; New York State's colleges, universities, state properties and its citizens, to be the safest in regard to fire prevention and awareness; and the state to maintain arson related fires at the lowest per capita within the United States.
The Office of Fire Prevention and Control will deliver a wide breadth of services to firefighters, emergency responders, state and local government agencies, public and private colleges, and the citizens of New York. The Office advances public safety through firefighter training, education, fire prevention, investigative, special operations and technical rescue programs. The timely delivery of these essential services enables the Office to make significant contributions to the safety of all of New York State.
- June 2015 - Authorization to Conduct OFPC Technical Rescue Courses within the Supplemental and Municipal Training Programs
- April 2015 - Update: Amended Strategic And Tactical Guidance For Rail Incidents Involving Crude Oil
- April 2015 - FY2015 Recruitment and Retention Grant Program Open
- February 2015 - Placarding Residential Structures with Truss Type, Pre-Engineered Wood and Timber Frame Construction
- February 12, 2015 - Kidde Recalls Disposable Plastic Fire Extinguishers Due to Failure to Discharge
- January 16, 2015 - Sparkling Devices Information (pdf)
- View All Informational Bulletins
- June 30, 2015 - E-Z-GO Recalls Gas-Powered Golf, Shuttle and Utility Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard
- June 19, 2015 - Top Fin Plastic Aquarium Heaters Recalled by PetSmart Due to Electrical Shock Hazard
- June 11, 2015 - Monogram Beverage Mugs Recalled by Tri-Vista Designs Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Kirklands
- View All Safety Alerts and Recalls
State Office Campus
1220 Washington Avenue
Building 7A, Floor 2
Albany, NY 12226
Bryant D. Stevens
State Fire Administrator
The members of OFPC are dedicated to the advancement of sound fire safety practices by all citizens of NY and increasing the effectiveness and proficiency of the State's fire service.
This website is part of these efforts and we trust that the information provided will assist all of us in achieving a more fire safe NY.