- Fire Service Information
Training, SFI Information, MTO information, IMS Information, Forms, Grants and Loans Information
- INFORMATION FOR THE Public
Fire Prevention and Safety Information, Publications for families and Educators, Activities for Kids
- Staff RESOURCES
SFI Information, MTO information, IMS, Emergency Resource Locator, Forms, FDID, CFC List
The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control strives to be the nationally recognized leader in fire services, delivering the highest quality, state of the art, and most comprehensive training, response, and technical assistance programs and services to emergency responders, local entities, and the citizens of New York State. The Office's programs enable: the state's fire service to become the best trained, well prepared and most effective professional emergency response force in the nation; New York State's colleges, universities, state properties and its citizens, to be the safest in regard to fire prevention and awareness; and the state to maintain arson related fires at the lowest per capita within the United States.
The Office of Fire Prevention and Control will deliver a wide breadth of services to firefighters, emergency responders, state and local government agencies, public and private colleges, and the citizens of New York. The Office advances public safety through firefighter training, education, fire prevention, investigative, special operations and technical rescue programs. The timely delivery of these essential services enables the Office to make significant contributions to the safety of all of New York State.
- June 14, 2016 - Guidance to Fire Departments Regarding Foam Concentrates Which May Contain Hazardous Substances
- May 18, 2016 - DOT Bans E-Cigarettes From Checked Baggage
- May 2016 - Kirsten Gillibrand Reminds 9/11 First Responders, Survivors Of Possible Tax Relief Available Through IRS (pdf bulletin)
- May 2016 - Counterfeit N95 Respirator Announcement
- April 2016 - Sparkling Devices Information (pdf)
- April 2016 - Fire Debris Analysis Evidence Packaging - Overuse of Evidence Tape on Fire Debris Containers
- April 2016 - National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Pre-1981 LODD
- February 16, 2016 - This NFIRSGram explains how to code a fire involving a hoverboard in the National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS).
- View All Informational Bulletins
- August 23, 2016 - Crownplace Brands Recalls Kerosene Lamp Burners Due to Burn and Fire Hazards
- August 23, 2016 - McDonald's Recalls "Step-iT" Activity Wristbands Due to Risk of Skin Irritation or Burns
- August 9, 2016 - Kohler Power Systems Recalls Portable Generators Due to Shock Hazard
- August 3, 2016 - National Time Fire Alarm Pull Stations Recalled by Signal Communications Due to Failure to Alert Consumers; Sold Exclusively by National Time & Signal
- View All Safety Alerts and Recalls