The Bureaus of the Office of Fire Prevention and Control
Academy of Fire Science
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates residential training facility in Montour Falls.
- Conducts advanced and specialized firefighter/emergency responder training at both facilities, including Emergency Medical training, national certification testing and career recruit firefighter training.
- Conducts the Probationary Career Firefighter training programs and Career Recruit Firefighting training.
- Provides Emergency Medical (EMS) training.
- Provides National Certification testing.
News and Announcements
Academy of Fire Science Registration Form, please click here.
National Certification Examination Application, please click here.
2014 Course Schedule- PDF of upcoming courses and dates.
2014 Academy Calendar - 12 page PDF of course dates for 2014.
Training Catalog - Complete 33 page catalog in PDF format.
Outreach Programs - Information on basic skills training available statewide
Overview - Overview of OFPC training Programs
The Academy of Fire Science - information about this facility and its programs
Bryant D. Stevens
State Fire Administrator
The members of OFPC are dedicated to the advancement of sound fire safety practices by all citizens of NY and increasing the effectiveness and proficiency of the State's fire service.
This website is part of these efforts and we trust that the information provided will assist all of us in achieving a more fire safe NY.