The Bureaus of the Office of Fire Prevention and Control
Academy of Fire Science
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates residential training facility in Montour Falls.
- Conducts advanced and specialized firefighter/emergency responder training at both facilities, including Emergency Medical training, national certification testing and career recruit firefighter training.
- Conducts the Probationary Career Firefighter training programs and Career Recruit Firefighting training.
- Provides Emergency Medical (EMS) training.
- Provides National Certification testing.
News and Announcements
Academy of Fire Science Registration Form, please click here.
National Certification Examination Application, please click here.
2016 Course Schedule- PDF of upcoming courses and dates.
2016 Academy Calendar - 12 page PDF of course dates for 2016.
Training Catalog - Complete 33 page catalog in PDF format.
Outreach Programs - Information on basic skills training available statewide
Overview - Overview of OFPC training Programs
The Academy of Fire Science - information about this facility and its programs