Welcome! The Library located at the Academy of Fire Science in Montour Falls is ready to help you!
- We offer phone reference, referral, and research help. All New Yorkers are welcome to come in, browse, and borrow! Just ask -- we'll try to help, whether it's by lending materials or reference assistance. Take a moment to read about what's new (Autumn 2017).
- We are often open Monday through Saturdays, many days to 8pm. Call for this week's schedule.
- We have an excellent collection of books, journal, and audiovisual materials on fire/arson investigation, building codes and construction, EMS, rescue, fire suppression, fire protection engineering, and HazMat.
- We can even help you get passwords into some databases for at-home access for you and your family.
- Our database of over 58,000 print, software and media items helps you find up-to-date information. There are over 10,000 links to full online content to help you get what you need, right now! Find out how to order our videotapes and DVDs.
- We will lend, email or supply photocopies as appropriate usually the same day, with no charges.
- To sign up for monthly e-mail of news & new arrivals, send a request to OFPC.Library@dhses.ny.gov
Also see PUBLICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS listed on the OFPC website.
- How to find and order our videotapes and DVDs (Rev. 5/17)
- Public Education Video & Media for Loan from the Academy Library(Rev. 4/14) (212KB PDF file) (16 pages)
- Career Information Pathfinder for Fire and Emergency Service Occupations (Rev. 3/17)
- Scholarships, Grants and Other Student Aid for Emergency Personnel (Rev. 4/14)
- Firefighter Death and Injury Statistics: US and NY State. Powerpoint version PDF version
- Fire/Arson Investigation Bibliography (Rev. 2/15)
- Juvenile Firesetter Bibliography (Rev. 6/14)
Contact the Library
Diana Robinson, Librarian
Academy of Fire Science Library
600 College Avenue
Montour Falls, NY 14865-9634
Phone: (607) 228-3137
Fax: (607) 535-4841