New York State Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services
Public Safety Answering Points Operations Grant 2014-15
2014-15 Public Safety Answering Points Operations Grant
The NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Service, Office of Interoperable and Emergency Communications, is pleased to announce Public Safety Answering Points Grant to facilitate operations of public safety answering points.
To facilitate the operations of public safety answering points.
Counties within New York State and New York City are eligible to apply for the 2014-2015 PSAP Operations Grant Program. Additional eligibility criteria are listed in the Request for Applications Instructions (2014-15 PSAP Operations Grant Program).
Source of Funds:
This grant program is supported by the Statewide Public Safety Communications Account.
- Total Funding Available for PSAP Grant: $10 Million
Schedule of Events:
- Release of 2014-15 PSAP Grant - August 28, 2014
- Submission of Written Questions - September 12, 2014
- Applications Due - September 26, 2014 by 5:00 P.M.
- September 8, 2014, 2:00 pm
- September 11, 2014, 1:00 pm
- September 15, 2014, 11:00 am
PSAP Operations Grant Instructions
- 2014-15 PSAP Operations Instructions
- 2014-15 PSAP Operations Application Worksheet
- 2014-15 PSAP Questions and Answers after Grant Posting
- Grant Administrator
Office of Interoperable and Emergency Communications
NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
1220 Washington Avenue, Building 7A, Suite 710
Albany, NY 12242
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q: I am a town/village/city, can I apply?
A: No, only county governments are eligible to apply.
- Q: What happens if I don't apply/submit information, do I still get my award?
A: No, you MUST apply AND submit all required information by the deadline in order to be eligible to receive an award.
- Q: What is the application deadline?
A: September 26th, 2014, 5 P.M. Eastern Time.
- Q: When I can submit claims for this program?
A: Claims can be submitted after January 1st, 2015. Please note the 12 month performance period begins January 1st, 2015. All claims must be for expenses occurring in the 12 month period on or after that date.
Q: Can I submit claims for future expenses?
A: No, this is a reimbursement grant.
Q: Are personal services eligible in this grant?
A: Yes, personal services are eligible in this grant.
Q: Can I buy new vehicle or portable radios with this grant?
A: No, land mobile radio subscriber equipment is not an eligible expense.
- Q: Are there multiple worksheets in the Excel application file?
- Q: I have questions about this program, who do I contact?
A: Yes, there are 4 worksheets (tabs) in the Excel application file. You must complete all 4.
A: If your question is regarding completing or submitting the grant application, please contact the DHSES Grant Program Administration Office at (866) 837-9133. If your question is regarding other aspects of this new program, please contact DHSES-OIEC at (518) 322-4911.