New York State Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services
Public Safety Answering Points Operations Grant 2019-20
2019-20 Public Safety Answering Points Operations Grant
(2019-20 PSAP Grant)
The NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Service, Office of Interoperable and Emergency Communications, is pleased to announce Public Safety Answering Points Grant to facilitate operations of public safety answering points.
To facilitate the operations of public safety answering points.
Counties within New York State and New York City are eligible to apply for the 2019-20 PSAP Operations Grant Program. Additional eligibility criteria are listed in the Request for Applications Instructions (2019-20 PSAP Operations RFA).
Source of Funds:
This grant program is supported by the Statewide Public Safety Communications Account.
- Total Funding Available for 2019-20 PSAP Grant: $10 Million
Schedule of Events:
- Submission of Written Questions - May 24, 2019
- RFA Updates and Q&A Posting, if any - May 31,2019
- Applications Due - June 7, 2019 by 5:00 P.M.
Applications must be submitted through E-Grants Portal.
PSAP Operations Grant Instructions
E-Grants Tutorials and Application Submission Instructions
- Link to E-Grants Portal
- How to submit an application via E-Grants - Webinar
- How to submit an applicationvia E-Grants - Step-by-Step Tutorial
- E-mail: Grant.Info@dhses.ny.gov
Office of Interoperable and Emergency Communications
NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
1220 Washington Avenue, Building 7A, Suite 710
Albany, NY 12242
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q: I am a town/village/city, can I apply?
A: No, only county governments are eligible to apply.
- Q: What happens if I don't apply/submit information, do I still get my award?
A: No, you MUST apply AND submit all required information by the deadline in order to be eligible to receive an award.
- Q: When I can submit claims for this program?
A: Claims can be submitted after January 1st, 2020. Please note the 12 month performance period begins January 1st, 2020. All claims must be for expenses occurring in the 12 month period on or after that date.
- Q: Can I extend the contract beyond 12 month?
A: No. The grant performance period is 12 month, from January 1, 2020 until December 31, 2020. Extensions will not be considered.
Q: Can I submit claims for future expenses?
A: No, this is a reimbursement grant.
- Q: Can I e-mail my application to DHSES?
A: No, the application must be submitted via E-Grants portal, including the Worksheet.
- Q: Are personal services eligible in this grant?
A: Yes, personal services are eligible in this grant.
- Q: Can I buy new vehicle or portable radios with this grant?
A: No, land mobile radio subscriber equipment is not an eligible expense.
- Q: I have questions about this program, who do I contact?
A: If your question is regarding completing or submitting the grant application, please contact the DHSES Grant Program Administration Office at (866) 837-9133. If your question is regarding other aspects of this new program, please contact DHSES-OIEC at (518) 322-4911.