New York State Emergency Management Certification Academy
The Inaugural New York State Emergency Management Certification (NYS-EMC) Academy provides instruction for three tiers of participants.
- Tier 1 is for County Chief Executives
- Tier 2 is for emergency managers
- Tier 3 is for local emergency response leadership.
The program is intended to be a comprehensive initiative combining CEMPs, risk and threat assessments, training, and certification for the emergency response community.
The NYS-EMC Academy has been developed to support Governor Cuomo’s strategy of creating unified training, education, communication, and response protocols. This innovative training initiative will achieve a uniform, cohesive approach to aggressively managing emergencies throughout New York State resulting in better protection of its residents, visitors, and property. The NYS-EMC Academy certification is required for grant submission eligibility for any DHSES administered grant for both County Chief Executives and Emergency Managers.
Please send email to: EmCertProgram@dhses.ny.gov
Documents and Forms:
- Emergency Management Certification Academy Overview
- Traveland Lodging Guidelines
- Claim For Travel Reimbursement By A Non-Employee (AC 3257-S)
- Statement Of Automobile Travel (AC 160-S)
- Request For Taxpayer Identification Number & Certification (AC 3237S-FE)
Reimbursement forms can be mailed to:
Administration & Finance
Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services
State of New York
1220 Washington Avenue
Building 7A, Floor 5
Albany, NY 12242
Attn: Dawn McGinnis
Or scanned and emailed to DmcGinnis@dhses.ny.gov