The Library located at the Academy of Fire Science in Montour Falls is ready to help you!
- We offer phone reference, referral, and research help. All New Yorkers are welcome to come in, browse, and borrow! Just ask — we'll try to help, whether it's by lending materials or reference assistance.
- We are often open Monday through Saturdays, many days to 8pm. Call for this week's schedule.
- We have an excellent collection of books, journal, and audiovisual materials on fire/arson investigation, building codes and construction, EMS, rescue, fire suppression, fire protection engineering, and HazMat.
- We can even help you get passwords into some databases for at-home access for you and your family.
- Our database of over 58,000 print, software and media items helps you find up-to-date information. There are over 10,000 links to full online content to help you get what you need, right now!
- We will lend, email or supply photocopies as appropriate usually the same day, with no charges.
- To sign up to receive e-mails of news and new arrivals, send a request to [email protected]
Library Information Sheet
Sign up for Newsletters
To sign up for monthly e-mail of news & new arrivals, send a request to [email protected]
Place this link to our online catalog into your Favorites:
Connecting to online content: Information for NYS emergency responders on using various library gateways to access online content free.
NFPA Codes online: Free registration and viewing of NFPA codes & standards online.
NYS Laws & NY Codes, Rules & Regulations: Explains free full-text Internet access.